Terminology and Symbols
The following are American Welding Society (AWS) standards approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI):
- AWS A2.4 "Standard Symbols for Welding, Brazing, and Nondestructive Examination"
- AWS A3.0 "Standard Welding Terms and Definitions"
- ANSI/AWS B1.11:2000 "Guide for the Visual Examination of Welds"
- ANSI/AWS D14.3-94 "Specification for Welding Earthmoving and Construction Equipment"
- ANSI/AWS D14.4-97 "Specification for Welded Joints in Machinery and Equipment"
Refer to the current issue at time of bid solicitation.
- Boats and aquatic craft used by Caltrans shall meet the A.B.Y.C "Standards and Technical Information Reports for Small Craft"
The weld symbols used in Caltrans drawings conform to the symbols in referenced publication AWS A2.4. Caltrans weld symbols are listed in Exhibit.