Appendix B. DuPont Process Specifications
- Double check for missing or bad welds, missing options, etc. Avoid having to burn up new paint, which will need touch up.
- Scrape off welding spatter. Grind or sand to bevel all sheared or sharp edges. This will help to prevent corrosion from appearing prematurely in these areas.
- Sandblast or phosphate wash thoroughly.
- If Phosphate Wash is used, all rust and mill scale must be sanded off prior to wash. All sanding, grinding, and scraping must be done prior to wash.
- Units need to be primed as soon as possible after metal treatment to avoid contamination, or corrosion.
- Prime with DuPont Corlar® 934S Epoxy Primer, or DuPont V2910S DTM Epoxy Primer. Follow instructions provided on Product Data Sheets for these products.
- Topcoat with DuPont Imron® 5000. Follow instructions provided on DuPont Product Data Sheets.
For information on DuPont and DuPont products, including PDS and MSDS, log on to http://www.performancecoatings.dupont.com/, or contact your local DuPont representative.
Viewing the following documents requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. Return to this document by pressing your browser's "Back" key. These documents are provided by the paint/coating supplier and do not alter or modify the requirements of the Caltrans' standard.
DuPont Colar 934S Undercoat