Clean Water Starts with Clean Highways
About the Campaign
At Caltrans, we are dedicated to keeping our highways and waterways clean. The goal of Caltrans’ Protect Every Drop campaign is to educate Californians about the sources and pathways of stormwater pollution and to change behaviors of the public to reduce stormwater pollution in and around the state highway system. Our water is precious- so it's important to Protect Every Drop.
Did you Know?
Stormwater from California's freeways and highways flow directly to local bodies of water. Stormwater runoff results from water from rain, melted snow, and water from sprinklers and hoses that runs on the ground's surface and ends up in storm drains. Eventually the water in the storm drains can makes its way to our lakes, rivers, streams, and the ocean. As the stormwater runoff moves along the surface making its way into storm drains, the water collects trash, debris, oil and other pollutants.
Public Materials Toolkit
- Outreach material
- Static media
- Stormwater Runoff Infographic (PDF)
- Key Actions Infographic (PDF)
- Simple Solutions to Prevent Stormwater Pollution Infographic (PDF)
- Simple Ways to Reduce Stormwater Pollution (PDF)
- Properly Dispose of Cigarettes - Outdoor billboard (PDF
- Trash Your Trash - Outdoor Billboard (PDF)
- Recycle your Recyclables - Outdoor Billboard (PDF)
- Recycle your Recyclables - Poster (PDF)
- Don't Leave Your Load Behind - Poster (PDF)
- Trash Your Trash - Poster (PDF)
- Logo - Protect Every Drop (PDF)