Environmental Geographic Information System (GIS)
The Division of Environmental Analysis GIS support can summarized in the following functions:
- Provide GIS expertise on environmental issues.
- Assist with the sharing and collaboration of spatial information with other stakeholders through the development of custom GIS web-based applications
- Maintain and update the Environmental GIS Viewer
- The Environmental GIS Viewer is a public facing map application that allows users to compare environmental GIS layers such as critical habitat, conservation easements, or sea levels effected by climate change with Caltrans transportation GIS layers such as postmiles, highway segments, or project locations.
- Click on the link to access the Environmental GIS Viewer: https://svctenvims.dot.ca.gov/ENV_Viewer/.