Transportation Laboratory Tours
The Department would like to offer an exciting opportunity to students and other interested parties to tour the Department’s Head Quarters Transportation Laboratory located in Sacramento, California.
The tour is typically 2 hours and includes a tour of the following laboratories located on campus:
- Asphalt Binder Laboratory
- Hot Mix Asphalt Laboratory
- Aggregate Laboratory
- Concrete Laboratory
- Cement Laboratory
- Chemical Laboratory
- Electrical Laboratory
- Structural Materials Testing Laboratory
Location: 5900 Folsom Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95819
When: First Thursday of every month, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Adults (Ages 18+): No chaperone required
- Highschool (Ages 13-17): 1 chaperone per 12 students
- Elementary/Middle school (Ages 10-12): 1 chaperone per 6 students
How to sign up? Send an email request to HQ.DES.METS.Admin@dot.ca.gov with the following information:
- Preferred tour date(s)
- Number of individuals (names of all individuals attending will need to be provided 24 hours in advance of tour)
- Number of individuals that will need protective eyewear provided for them
Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) Requirements: All touring individuals are asked to wear closed toe shoes and long pants while touring the laboratories. The Structural Materials Testing Laboratory requires protective eyewear upon entering the laboratory. Protective eyewear can be provided upon request.
Food/Transportation: The Department is unable to provide transportation to or from the facility at this time. Lunch is not included in the tour.