CTAbut is an LRFD compliant seat type bridge abutment analysis and design program that runs in the Windows® operating system.
Software Program Features:
- Allows the user to describe the backwall, stem, footing, and foundation of seat type bridge abutments.
- Uses customary US units.
- Considers 3 degrees of freedom: longitudinal rotation (moments) and vertical and longitudinal translation (forces).
- Users can describe concrete, reinforcement, and backfill material properties.
- Users can indicate the amounts of concrete flexure and shear reinforcement at specified critical locations.
- Users can describe either deep pile foundations or shallow foundations on soil or rock.
- Factors and combines load effects according to LRFD specifications.
- Performs concrete reinforcement checks compliant with LRFD specifications.
- Performs geotechnical stability analysis of the foundation.
- Prepares both summary and complete reports as well as a report showing geotechnical results.
- Does not account for any internal or external effects of abutment skew.
Both an evaluation and a full version of the software are available. Pricing information is available at the Caltrans Publications web page. After purchasing the software download the following installation file (the same file is used for either version). Instructions for obtaining a license are included in the file.
CT Abut Version 2.1.1 (ZIP)
Please contact us at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org