What is e-Ticketing?
An electronic, paperless process for tracking, documenting, and archiving material information, accessible in real-time through an application on mobile devices.
E-Ticketing Benefits - Saves Lives, Time, and Money
- Eliminates lost tickets, daily tabulations, and archiving
- Readily available data for traceability and data mining
Accuracy, Timeliness, and Quality
- “Real-time” data capture and tracking
- “Real-time” verification of materials and quantities
- Able to view tickets at any internet accessible location
- Allows for inclusion of additional data not on the paper ticket
Work Zone Safety
- Reduces project staff around delivery trucks
- Removes the need to take ticket from driver
- Reduced workload for inspectors
- Expedites contractor pay
- Advanced review of delivery tickets for real-time operational decisions
- No more storing boxes of paper tickets, manual scanning paper ticket
- File daily ticket summary to FalconDMS
- Capture material placement location information
- Link to Digital As-Built database
- Completed Phase 1 of piloting
- 12 projects total for HMA only, using Haulhub’s DOTSlip and Command Alkon’s Connex software products (completed 3/31/2023)
- New Roadmap developed
- Phase 2 (current phase) - pilot 40 to 60 new projects over the next year for HMA, Concrete, and Aggregates mainly using Haulhub’s DOTSlip mobile app and central portal, continuing development of specification and change order for construction projects (5/1/2023 – 3/31/2024). We are still looking for the opportunity to partner and work with other software developers in order to expand our testing efforts across multiple platforms in the e-Ticketing pilot program.
Phase 2 Selection Criteria:
- Project has a pay item with least one of the e-Ticketing material items: HMA, Concrete, & Aggregates
- Project Size: Minimum $1 million with reasonable e-Ticketing material quantity.
- Duration: Prefer projects with 60 to 240 working days.
- Location/connectivity: Within a cell coverage area to be able to access e-Ticket live.
- Phase 3 – finalize selection of vendor’s software and mobile app of choice for CT (4/1/2024 – 6/30/2025)
- Phase 4 - implement e-Ticketing Statewide with standard contract item and specification (by end of 2025)
Paul.Chang@dot.ca.gov Team Leader (lead for IT issues) 916-823-2032
Perry.Mayer@dot.ca.gov Team Leader (lead for specification and change order issues) 916-879-8870
Ali.Mokhtari@dot.ca.gov (for MPQP issues) 916-247-1249
Team Manager Contacts
For additional information, see Haulhub’s website: https://www.haulhub.com/caltrans/