Annual Credit Grant
Annual Credit Grants of $10,000 per year are provided to eligible public-use and publicly-owned airports. The Form DOA-0007 - California Aid to Airports Program Certification, must be submitted to the Division of Aeronautics (Aeronautics) each fiscal year to establish eligibility. The Form DOA-0009 - California Aid to Airports Program Annual Funds Request can be submitted to Aeronautics once funds have been expended on an eligible project.
Aeronautics will retain funds for eligible airports for a period not to exceed 5 years. Airports can request the $10,000 each year or request a greater amount from a future year once funds have accumulated.
Projects that are eligible for Annual Credit Grant funding:
- Obstruction Removal: Removal of obstructions from runway safety areas, RPZs or approach surfaces, and the other imaginary surfaces, if they have been determined by the FAA or the Department to be a hazard.
- Radios: Aviation radio equipment and facilities.
- Land: Acquisition of land and navigation easements.
- Lighting: Purchase and installation of runway, taxiway, boundary, or obstruction lights, with directly related electrical equipment, to meet general aviation needs.
- Fencing: Minimum security fencing around the perimeter of an airport, for general aviation purposes.
- Transient Parking: Construction/reconstruction of transient general aviation aircraft parking areas.
- Bond Service: Servicing of revenue or general obligation bonds that have been issued to finance airport capital improvements.
- Navaids: Air navigation aids including rotating beacons, runway end identifier lights, and localizer transmitters.
- Airport Marking Systems: Systems such as segmented circles, wind socks, traffic pattern indicators, and wind tees.
- Noise Monitoring Equipment: Noise monitoring equipment to meet general aviation needs.
- Project Services: Engineering for eligible construction projects; appraisal and escrow fees for land acquisition.
- Runways and Taxiways: Construction and reconstruction.
- Services Roads: Service Roads that are not open to the public.
- Surfacing: Surfacing of runways, taxiways, and aircraft parking areas to general aviation standards.
- Water Supply and Sanitary Disposal Systems: Water supply and sanitary disposal systems for airport use.
- Master Plans and Airport Layout Plans.
- Comprehensive Land Use Plan (CLUP): Activities of an airport land use commission to prepare or update a CLUP.
The following can also be funded with Annual Credit Grants:
- Operation and maintenance (wages/salaries, utilities, service vehicles, and all other noncapital expenditures).
- General aviation fueling facilities.
- General aviation airplane wash racks.