Contact: Alisa Becerra
SACRAMENTO — May is National Bike Month! The League of American Bicyclists recognized the Caltrans Headquarters Building at 1120 N street in Sacramento with a Silver Bicycle Friendly Business Award. This award earns Caltrans Headquarters a place alongside nearly 1,300 bike-forward businesses across the country in a commitment to building a more bicycle friendly America.
California was also awarded the third most bike friendly state in the country for its dedication to promoting bicycling. In the coming months, Caltrans District offices across the state, will be going through a similar process to ensure workplaces are more welcoming to customers and employees who are changing gears and bicycling.
At Caltrans we aim to make every year the best bike month ever, so we hope you’ll come out and join us for one or all of these fun events!
- Capitol Bike Fest: Thursday, May 9th from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., West Lawn of the Capitol, Sacramento.
- Bike to Work Week: May 13th-17th, Prizes at the bike cages each morning between 8:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m., Sacramento.
- Bike to Work Day: Thursday, May 16th, 7:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m., Energizer station on O Street. side of Caltrans Headquarters, Sacramento
- JUMP bike demonstration: Wednesday, May 22nd from noon-2:00 p.m., O Street side of Caltrans Headquarters, Sacramento.
- Sacramento Murals Bike Tour and happy hour: Thursday, May 23rd from 4:00 p.m.-6:30 p.m., N Street side of Caltrans Headquarters, Sacramento.