Meadow Farms ADA Project
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and the California Government Code Sections 4450 et seq., Caltrans proposes to upgrade pedestrian facilities to comply with State pedestrian accessibility design standards. The scope of the Meadow Farms ADA Project includes upgrading non-standard curb ramps, driveways, pedestrian push buttons, restriping pavement markings, relocating traffic signals and masts, and constructing new pedestrian and bicycle facilities from North see Vee Lane to North Barlow Lane on both sides of U.S. 395 in Bishop.
Caltrans District 9 has chosen the design alternative for the Meadow Farms ADA Project. The Meadow Farms project alternative 4A will include two lanes in each direction, a center two-way turn lane, a pedestrian-activated signal and painted crosswalk, and will modify each side of the highway with additional access in the following ways:
- On the northbound side of the highway, a shoulder will be constructed for advanced cyclists and a shared use sidewalk for pedestrians and cyclists. No on-street parallel parking will be allowed on the northbound side
- On the southbound side of the highway, there will be a parallel parking lane and a shared use sidewalk for pedestrians and cyclists
- An off-street parking lot will not be developed with this alternative
Caltrans District 9 staff would like to thank Inyo County, Bishop Paiute Tribe, City of Bishop and the community for their participation and input.
If you would like a hard copy of the Final Environmental Document, you can request one in the following ways:
- Email us at D9PublicInfo@dot.ca.gov.
- Call us at (760) 872-0601.
- Write us at Caltrans Public Information Office, 500 S. Main Street, Bishop, CA 93514.
The estimated cost of this project is $25 million.
Project Schedule (Subject to Change):
April 2020: Circulate DED
May 21, 2020: First Virtual Public Meeting
November 4, 2020: Second Virtual Public Meeting
December 2020: PA&ED
October 2023: Right of Way Certification
November 2023: Advertise
May 2024: Contract Approval
June 2024: Begin Construction