Conway Ranch Shoulder Widening Project
The Conway Ranch Shoulder Widening Project is widening the existing paved shoulders on U.S 395 from the junction with State Route 167 to 0.4 miles north of Conway Ranch Road in Mono County. It will also install shoulder rumble strips, correct a substandard compound curve and lengthen the chain control area at postmile 59.2 by 500 feet. Culverts will be extended or replaced as needed.
Other details of the project include:
- Installing 12-inch shoulder rumble strips
- Replacing and rehabilitating existing culverts
- Replacing traffic signs
- Installing lighting systems for chain-up areas
The Draft Environmental Document was made available Friday, November 5, 2021 and can be found here: Conway Ranch Shoulders DED.
The final environment document for the Conway Ranch Shoulder Widening Project is now available for public review upon request.
To obtain a copy of the final environmental document:
- Request by Mail: Caltrans District 9, c/o Jill Tognazzini, 500 S. Main Street, Bishop, CA, 93514
- Request by Email
The Conway Ranch Shoulders Project received $8.3 million for the construction phase from the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act of 2021.
Project Schedule (Subject to Change):
- November 2021: Draft Environmental Document Circulation
- June 2022: Right of Way Certification
- October 2022: Advertise
- November 2022: Bid Opening
- January 2023: Contract Approval
- June 5, 2023: Begin Construction
For More Information
- Michael Lingberg, Caltrans District 9 Public Information Officer, (760) 920-0280
For Title VI information, click here: Caltrans Title VI