Bishop Pavement Project
The proposed Bishop Pavement Project will rehabilitate the pavement of U.S. 395 and State Route 168 W (West Line Street) in Bishop and upgrade chosen facilities to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Details of the project include:
- Construct a multiuse path.
- Upgrade drainage and replace sidewalk facilities.
- Relocate traffic signal poles.
- Upgrade and construct pedestrian facilities.
- Replace Transportation Management Systems (TMS) count stations.
The final environment document for the Bishop Pavement Project is now available for public review upon request.
To obtain a copy of the final environmental document:
- Request by Mail: Caltrans District 9, c/o Jill Tognazzini, 500 S. Main Street, Bishop, CA, 93514
- Request by Email
The total cost of the Bishop Pavement Project is approximately $25 million.
- $2.4 million is funded by Senate Bill 1.
- $18.4 million comes from federal funds.
- $4.1 million comes from state funds.
Project Schedule (Subject to change):
- July 13, 2021: Virtual Public Meeting
- August 2021: Project Approval and Environmental Document
- June 2023: Design Complete
- November 2023: Advertise Project
- March 2024: Begin Construction
- December 2024: Complete Construction
For More Information
- Jill Tognazzini, Project Manager: (760) 874-8308
- Michael Lingberg, Public Information Officer: (760) 920-0280
For Title VI information, click here: Caltrans Title VI.