Are you a small business owner looking to contract with Caltrans? You’ve come to the right place!
The goal of the Small Business Outreach Program is to educate and provide resources to Small Businesses (SB), Disadvantaged Veteran Business Enterprises (DVBE), and Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE). We’ll assist you in getting certified and accessing the opportunities that are right for your business. Your success is important to us, because when you participate, you help Caltrans increase economic opportunities and meet our small business utilization targets (25% SB, 5% DVBE, 17.6% DBE).
- Attend a DBE workshop on Oct. 9 or 10 in Ventura County.
- Get help from our DBE Supportive Services Program.
- Search for procurement opportunities .
- Contracting opportunities on the Gerald Desmond Bridge Replacement Project
- See advertised construction contracts. Click on the 'Advertisement' tab.
Have questions? Contact the District 7 Small Business Liaison at (213) 897-0891 or
- For additional assistance with DBE certification, take advantage of the DBE Supportive Services Program.
- To get certified as a SB or DVBE: Go to caleprocure.ca.gov and click on the middle icon (a check mark, Small Business/Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise), then click the "Click Here to Get Certified" button on the left side of the page.
Learn about benefits. Qualify for bid preference, Prompt Payment Act benefits and more.
Certification Benefits for DBEs
- Certification is recognized by 800 local agencies in California, other states and private companies.
- Expands opportunities to participate on federally funded contracts.
- Become accessible to prime contractors needing to fulfill DBE participation goal requirements
- Increases opportunities to network at events such as procurement fairs and pre-bids.
- Listings in official directories such as the CUCP database.
For more information see Caltrans' Office of Business and Economic Opportunities.
Certification Criteria for SBs and DVBEs
- A five percent (5%) bid preference on applicable State solicitations.
- Eligibility for the State's Small Business Participation Program, which sets goals for the use of SB and DBVEs in State contracting.
- Under the Prompt Payment Act, the State must pay a certified SB/DVBE higher interest penalties for late payment of an undisputed invoice.
- State agencies may use a streamlined process, known as the SB/DVBE Option, by contracting directly with a California certified small business/microbusiness for goods, services, information technology and Public Works projects up to certain threshold.
Access Opportunities. Find Contracts that are a Good Fit for Your Business
- Contracts greater than $314,000: Although many of these project are very large, primes frequently seek small businesses to take on a portion of the project. You can connect with them through Bidding Connect.
- Contracts less than $314,000: Cal eProcure provides bidding opportunities for information technology (IT) and non-IT commodities, service contracts, architectural and engineering (A&E) contracts, minor public works contracts, the CAL-Card Administration and Compliance Program, warehousing and material operations, publications, property control, and compliance reporting.
- Emergency projects: Sign up with the Caltrans Contractor Interest Registry to be eligible for emergency contracts.
- If your business is DBE-certified, the DBE Supportive Services Program can provide you with additional assistance in accessing opportunities.