Route 82 – Pavement Rehabilitation and ADA Improvements
This project proposes to cold plane and overlay existing AC pavement, repair localized failed AC pavement, repair localized failed PCC pavement along SR 82 from 0.5 mile north of SR-237 to Sand Hill Road. This pavement conservation project also proposes to upgrade the existing non-standard ADA curb ramps with new ADA curb ramps in compliance with the American Disability Act (ADA) and Complete Street elements.
Purpose & Need
Purpose: The purpose of this project is to preserve and extend the life of existing pavement and improve ride quality and to upgrade existing pedestrian facilities to comply with current ADA Standards and to improve safety, access and mobility for pedestrians at signalized intersections on the State Highway System.
Need: The project is initiated to meet the requirements of Capital Preventive Maintenance (CAPM) program to improve ride quality, to comply with current ADA standard, and to improve safety, access, and mobility of pedestrians and bike at these locations.
- Cold plane and overlay Asphalt Concrete (AC) pavement with Rubberized AC
- Repair localized failed Concrete pavement.
- Upgrade the existing curb ramps to new ADA compliant curb ramps
- Upgrade to APS (Accessible Pedestrian Signal) and higher visibility crosswalk markings
- Install 3 new Pedestrian Hybrid Beacon systems at the crossings of State Route 82 and Bonita Ave, Crestview Dr, and Pettis Ave
- Install approximately 6 miles of either Class II or Class IV bicycle lanes
- Upgrade pavement, pedestrian, and bicycle crossing delineations
Environmental Documents: Spring 2020 (Actual)
Design Complete: Summer 2022 (Tentative)
Begin Construction: Spring 2023 (Tentative)
End Construction: Fall 2024 (Tentative)