(Please Note: Some Detours Have Been Updated; Detours in This Advisory are Correct)
PLEASANTON / ALAMEDA COUNTY – Caltrans is scheduled to close southbound Interstate 680 in Pleasanton between Sunol Boulevard and Koopman Road on Friday, June 9 through Monday morning, June 12, 2023.
During the closure, contractor will replace a portion of the existing deteriorated roadway with new pavement on southbound I-680, between Sunol Boulevard and Koopman Road. This work will repair deteriorating existing pavements and enhance motorist safety while reducing the number of nightly closures needed on the project.
The I-680 freeway will be closed in the southbound direction between Sunol Boulevard and Koopman Road from 10:00 p.m. Friday, June 9 to 4:00 a.m. the following Monday, June 12.
In the case of rain or unanticipated developments, the closures will be rescheduled and the public will be notified.
Portable changeable message signs will be placed prior to closure advising motorists of this closure and will remain in effect throughout the weekend while work is being performed.
Northbound I-680 will remain open and will not be affected by the closure.
Caltrans is aware that the closures will impact the motoring public and measures are being taken to minimize inconvenience. Caltrans thanks the motoring public in advance for your patience as we work to improve I-680.
California Highway Patrol officers and message signs will be on hand to guide motorists. Detours for the closures are as follows:
- Motorists driving west on Interstate 80 in Vacaville and Fairfield will remain on I-80 to southbound I-880.
- Motorists on southbound I-680 near the Benicia Bridge can take I-780 west to I-80 to southbound I-880.
- Motorists on southbound I-680 in Concord can take SR-4 to I-80 to southbound I-880.
- Motorists on southbound I-680 in Walnut Creek can take SR-24 to I-80 to southbound I-880.
- Motorists on Southbound I-680 in Danville take westbound I-580 to SR-238 to southbound I-880.
- Motorists on Southbound I-680 in Danville take eastbound I-580 to SR-84 to southbound I-680.
- Motorists on westbound I-580 coming from Tracy can exit onto southbound SR-84 and get back on southbound I-680 just south of Calaveras Road near Sunol.
- Motorists on westbound I-580 and eastbound I-580 will be allowed to take southbound I-680.
- One lane of southbound I-680 will be open between the I-680/I-580 interchange in Pleasanton and the Sunol Boulevard off-ramp.
- All motorists on southbound I-680 in Pleasanton will be taking the Sunol Boulevard off-ramp to Pleasanton Sunol Road to Paloma Way to southbound I-680.
For more information, please visit the Alameda County Transportation Commission website at https://bit.ly/43dKwg1.
# # #