Update: March 14th, 2023 2:00PM
OAKLAND - The latest winter storm system to move through the Bay Area region has resulted in various highway closures in the following locations due to road hazards on the highway.
East Bay Region
- CONTRA COSTA- EB I-580, Richmond Bridge, All Eastbound traffic is blocked due to an overturned big rig.
North Bay Region
- SONOMA- SR 12 EB/WB from PM 39 – 41 Watmaugh Rd to Jct 12 Broadway 121 Fremont Drive. Due to flooding.
- SONOMA- SR-101 NB Route 101 to Shilo rd – off ramp # 1 lane closed due to flooding.
- SONOMA- SR-116 From Giovanetti to Skyline Ranch Rd # 1 lane closed – Due to Tree maintenance work.
- SONOMA- SR-121 NB/SB Fremont Drive to 8th Street -Due to flooding.
South Bay Region
- SANTA CLARA- SR 9 NB / SB from Saborn Rd to Redwood Gulch Rd is currently closed due to slide/debris removal operations.
West Bay Region
- SAN MATEO- SR-101 SB on Broadway left HOV # 1 is currently closed due to flooding.
- SAN MATEO- SR-84 WB (Portola rd. to Fox Hill Road) is currently closed.
- SAN MATEO- EB/WB SR-84 from Pescadero RD to Old La Honda rd. All lanes closed due to downed tree and powerlines.
- SAN MATEO- SB SR-280 North of Trousdale -All lanes closed due to downed tree.
- SAN MATEO- SR-92 AT Diggs Canyon- All lanes closed due to downed tree.
- SANTA CLARA- SB SR-85 North of Freemont Ave- All lanes are closed to downed tree.
For 24/7 Highway Conditions, motorists can also do the following for 24/7 highway conditions statewide.
- check Caltrans Quickmap at QuickMap (ca.gov)
- click on 511 SFBay 511.org Homepage | 511.org
- or call 1-800-427-ROAD 1-800-427-7623
Please also #MoveOver, if possible, when you see workers on our highways.