Sacramento County – Tonight, ongoing construction work will continue for the new West Sacramento Sycamore Trail Pedestrian Over Crossing (POD) will require full closures on eastbound and westbound U.S. Highway 50 (US-50) as follows:
For Westbound U.S. Hwy 50 Full Closure :
- Close WB 50 onramp from Jefferson Blvd/Route 275 at 9 p.m.
- Close WB 50 onramp from 5th & W St at 10 p.m.
- Close SB 5 connector to WB 50 at 10 p.m.
- Close NB 5 connector to WB 50 at 10:30 p.m.
- Close Full WB 50 and detour all traffic to WB 50 to NB 5 connector at 11 p.m. for Falsework Adjustment
For Eastbound U.S. Hwy 50 Full Closure :
- The following ramps and connectors will be closed for the full closure of EB Hwy 50.
- Close WB 80 connector to EB 50 at approximately 2 a.m.
- Close EB 50 onramp from Harbor Blvd at approximately 2 a.m.
- Close Full EB 50 and detour all traffic to EB 80 to EB 80 connector approximately 2 a.m. – 4 a.m. for Falsework Adjustment
These full closures will reduce the need for prolonged construction operations, expediting the work schedule on the project.
The schedule is subject to change due to traffic incidents, weather, availability of equipment and/ or materials, and construction related issues.
Caltrans District 3 is responsible for maintaining and operating 4,385 lane miles in 11 Sacramento Valley and Northern Sierra counties. Caltrans issues updates about road conditions on Twitter @CaltransDist3 and on Facebook at CaltransDistrict3. For real-time traffic, click on Caltrans’ QuickMap quickmap.dot.ca.gov/ or download the QuickMap app from the App Store or Google Play.