District: District 3 - Marysville
Contact: Raquel Borrayo
Phone: (530) 701-5209
For Immediate Release
Placer County – Caltrans is alerting motorists to intermittent Interstate 80 (I-80) ramp closures in Placer County between Roseville and Colfax for guardrail work.
Metal beam guardrail that meets current federal and state standards is being installed at various locations along I-80. Motorists should expect overnight, intermittent ramp closures at the following locations between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. Tuesday, September 7 through Thursday, September 9. Two consecutive ramps will not be closed at the same time.
- I-80 westbound on-ramp from Douglas Blvd.
- I-80 westbound on-ramp from Atlantic St.
- I-80 westbound on-ramp from State Route 193
- I-80 westbound off-ramp to State Route 193/Lincoln (Exit 116)
- I-80 eastbound off-ramp to Lincoln Way (Exit 120)
- I-80 eastbound off-ramp to Applegate (Exit 128)
- I-80 eastbound off-ramp to Heather Glen (Exit 129)
- I-80 westbound off-ramp to West Paoli Lane (Exit 130)
- I-80 westbound off-ramp to Placer Hill Road/Canyon Way (Exit 133)
- I-80 eastbound on-ramp from West Paoli Lane
- I-80 eastbound off-ramp to State Route 174/Colfax (Exit 135)
The work is part of a $3.9 million guardrail improvement project on the I-80 corridor in Placer County between Roseville and Yuba Gap. Highway Specialty Company of North Highlands, Calif. is the primary contractor.
The schedule is subject to change based on weather, availability of equipment or other unexpected events. Caltrans advises motorists to “Be Work Zone Alert.” The department will issue construction updates on Twitter @CaltransDist3 and on Facebook at CaltransDistrict3. For real-time traffic, click on Caltrans’ QuickMap or download the QuickMap app from the App Store or Google Play.