District: District 3 - Marysville
Contact: Raquel Borrayo
Phone: (530) 701-5209
For Immediate Release
Nevada County – Caltrans is alerting motorists to expect travel delays, lane reductions and ramp closures on east- and westbound Interstate 80 (I-80) and State Route 89 (SR-89) in Truckee for paving work.
Caltrans is scheduled to pave ramps and a small segment of I-80 from the chain-installation area near Donner Pass Road to Central Truckee (exit 186) early next week. Motorists are advised to expect delays and seek alternate routes during the following ramp closures:
- Monday, June 28 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Paving the left (fast lane) of I-80 westbound from the SR-89 south separation to the chain installation area near Donner Pass Road.
- The SR-89 south on-ramp to westbound I-80 will be closed for paving.
- Tuesday, June 29 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The SR-89 south on-ramp connecting to eastbound I-80 will be closed for paving.
- The eastbound Central Truckee off-ramp will be closed for paving.
Caltrans reminds motorists to “Be Work Zone Alert” and slow in work zones for the safety of crews performing these improvements. The department will issue construction updates on Twitter @CaltransDist3 and on Facebook at CaltransDistrict3. For real-time traffic, click on Caltrans’ QuickMap quickmap.dot.ca.gov/ or download the QuickMap app from the App Store or Google Play.
Ramp Closure Locations for Interstate 80 and State Route 99