District: District 3 - Marysville
Contact: Gilbert Mohtes-Chan
Phone: (530) 741-4571; (530) 682-6145
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
YUBA COUNTY — Motorists should prepare for a series of nighttime on- and off-ramp closures and lane restrictions over the next week on southbound State Highway 70 in the Plumas Lake area.
Construction crews are scheduled to perform grinding and paving work on southbound Highway 70 between the State Highway 65 junctions and the Feather River Boulevard interchange in southern Yuba County. The work will require intermittent lane restrictions and ramp closures throughout the week from 6 p.m. to 7 a.m. on southbound Highway 70. The ramp closures are scheduled as follows:
- Sunday, October 11: McGowan Parkway and Plumas Lake Boulevard on- and off-ramps. There will be alternating closures of these ramps – one will remain open while the other is closed.
- Monday, October 12: McGowan Parkway and Plumas Lake Boulevard on- and off-ramps. There will be alternating closures.
- Tuesday, October 13: Plumas Lake Boulevard on- and off-ramps.
- Wednesday, October 14: McGowan Parkway and Plumas Lake Boulevard on- and off-ramps. There will be alternating closures.
- Thursday, October 15: Plumas Lake Boulevard on- and off-ramps.
Detour signs will be in place during the ramp closures alerting motorists to alternate designated routes.
Weather or unexpected events may delay or prolong the work. Caltrans advises motorists to “Be Work Zone Alert.” The department will issue construction updates on Twitter @CaltransDist3 and on Facebook at CaltransDistrict3. For real-time traffic, click on Caltrans’ QuickMap or download the QuickMap app from the App Store or Google Play.