District: District 3 - Marysville
Contact: Deanna Shoopman
Phone: (530) 741-4572
SACRAMENTO – A funeral procession for fallen Sacramento Police Department Officer Tara O’Sullivan will take place Thursday between Elk Grove and Roseville.
The funeral motorcade will depart from Elk Grove at approximately 8 a.m. and is expected to arrive at the Bayside Church in Roseville by 9:30 a.m.
A 42.5-mile procession escorted by the California Highway Patrol is scheduled to leave the church at 1 p.m. and travel through Roseville to Elk Grove Boulevard in Elk Grove. Motorists can expect delays between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. from southbound Highway 65 in Roseville to Highway 99 in Elk Grove.
A Caltrans sign truck will shadow the procession, tailed by the CHP. During the procession, the CHP will assist with lane closures and motorcade will be travelling at an anticipated speed of 20-25 mph.
8 a.m.-9:30 a.m.
- Elk Grove Blvd to NB Highway 99
- NB Hwy 99 to EB Business 80
- EB Business 80 to EB I-80
- EB I-80 to NB Hwy 65 and off at Stanford Ranch Road
1:30 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Stanford Ranch Road to SB Highway 65
- SB Highway 65 to WB I-80
- WB I-80 to the Raley Blvd./Marysville exit
- Raley Blvd. to Marconi Ave.
- Marconi Ave. to WB Business 80, to SB Highway 99, off at Elk Grove Blvd.