After a very successful first Dump Day on January 22, 2022, Caltrans District 2 and The City of Redding are partnering again to provide another opportunity to help clean up Shasta County.
On Saturday, March 5, 2022 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Redding Transfer Station, Shasta County residents are invited to bring in their bulky household furniture items like couches, tables, chairs, entertainment centers, desks and more to dispose of, free of charge. Caltrans will sponsor the associated disposal fees on specific items as a part of the Clean California Initiative.
Due to the overwhelming community response on the first Dump Day, some new practices will be put into place to help streamline the process. The City of Redding and Caltrans ask the community for their patience during the process, as it is expected to be a very busy day at the Transfer Station.
You can make the process run smoothly for yourself and others on Dump Day by following these tips for an easy trip:
• Community members can bring up to 10 bulky household items per trip. Sectional pieces that are part of a set will count as separate items toward the 10-item-per-trip limit. If you have more than 10 items, you will need to make a second trip through the line.
• It’s best to use this opportunity to only bring items that qualify for the free Dump Day and plan a separate trip - even if it’s on the same day- to bring any other items that need to be disposed of.
• If you choose to bring any items that are not covered on Dump Day, you will need to sort them separately and visit the scale house or household recycling station, even if those items are normally free to dispose of.
• There will be a specific line for Dump Day items, which will be located on the south end of Abernathy Lane. This specific line is intended to help keep traffic flowing.
• This event is for Shasta County residents only and excludes business waste. Free Bulky Item Dump Day is a partnership with the City of Redding and Caltrans Clean California.
To learn more about the Clean California Initiative, visit cleanca.com
To learn more about what specific items are free on Dump Day, visit www.cityofredding.org/solidwaste
For event details, visit the Facebook event page at https://fb.me/e/31j6b0e64If you have questions, please email D2PIO@DOT.ca.gov.