commUNITY — Bike • Walk • Beautify
Join us on the 15 freeway for Clean California Community Days!
Saturday, March 25th from 10:30 AM to 1:00 PM
- Family games & activities
- Art installations by local artists
- Walk, Bike, & Beautify with local leaders
- Touch-A-Truck & safety equipment demos
- Learn about transportation & clean communities
Caltrans is closing traffic on the northbound SR-15 between Harbor Drive & State Route 94 while crews perform routine scheduled maintenance. As the work is being performed, members of the public will have the opportunity to walk and bike the highway while helping to clean it up. Cleaning supplies available before 10:30 am at any of the Event Parks; after 10:30 am there will be available at a booth at SR-15/Ocean View Blvd.
|7:00 AM||National Avenue - Under the bridge between 33rd Street and 35th Street
Art Installation Project 1: Fence Decor
|Southeast Art Team|
|10:00 AM – 1:00 PM||Dorothy Petway Park||Resource booths, activities, and community cleanup||Council District 8|
|10:00 AM||Dennis Allen Park||Organized bike ride||SD Bike Coalition & Council District 9|
|10:00 AM||15 Freeway at Ocean View Boulevard||
Art Installation Project 2: Mural Art
|Southeast Art Team|
|9:00 – 11:00 AM||Mountain View Park||Cleanup and storm drain stenciling||I Love a Clean SD & Council District 4|
|11:00 AM||SR-15/Ocean View Blvd||Main Stage Event||Caltrans|
- Take the Blue Line trolley to the Pacific Fleet Station, or the Orange Line trolley to 32nd & Commercial Station
- Enter the North 15 closed freeway from Main Street, Ocean View Boulevard, or Market Street
NB SR-15 Full Closure Detour
- Motorists will take the northbound I-5 to J Street/19th Street off-ramp, head north on 19th Street to the eastbound SR-94 on-ramp. Take the eastbound SR-94 to northbound SR-15.
SB SR-15 Full Closure Detour
- Motorists will take the westbound SR-94 to the F Street off-ramp. Head west on F Street and make a right on 16th Street, then right on the E Street on-ramp to the southbound I-5.
For access to National Avenue, Ocean View Boulevard, or Market Street from SR-15
- From the northbound or southbound I-5, exit at 28th Street and head north
- Boston Ave Community Improvements
- Calexico Gateway Monument
- Downtown Ramona Improvements
- SR-15 Community Event
Follow these rules for your safety & the safety of others
- Stay In the Designated Lanes: Lanes separate different travel modes & people moving in opposite directions, avoiding potential collisions.
- No Climbing Over Barriers of Any Kind: Concrete walls, cones, trucks, and other barriers are positioned for your safety.
- Be Aware of “Slow Zones”: Areas where activities are happening, or narrow lanes are designated slow zones.
- Watch Out for Others: Bicycles, pedestrians, and all your neighbors are trying to enjoy this space together.
- Follow Staff Instructions: Caltrans Volunteers wear white Clean California Shirts or Orange Safety Vests.