State Route 67 Corridor Projects
State Route 67 (SR-67) is a north/south highway traversing the cities of El Cajon, Santee, and Poway as well as unincorporated communities of eastern San Diego County including Lakeside and Ramona.
The southern portion of the route is an urbanized freeway serving the cities of El Cajon and Santee as a commuter route to major economic centers in the San Diego region. Between Santee and Ramona, much of the route is a rural, two-lane conventional highway with adjacent open space and recreation areas. Considerable stretches of three-lane and four-lane roadway exist between Vigilante Road to the south and Poway Road to the north including major intersections at Scripps Poway Parkway and Poway Road.
The SR-67 corridor serves commuter traffic from Santee, El Cajon, Lakeside, Ramona and Julian bound for Interstate 15 via Poway Road and Scripps Poway Parkway and Interstate 8 at El Cajon. In addition, SR-67 joins State Route 78 in downtown Ramona to reach outlying rural communities such as Julian, recreational areas, and tourist attractions such as the popular San Diego Zoo Safari Park in Escondido.
The northern portion of SR-67 functions as Ramona’s Main Street, providing access to the local business district. The route has been designed for all truck traffic and permits travel by Surface Transportation Assistance Act (STAA) trucks.
Several projects in various stages of development will help maintain the condition of the transportation system and improve system performance along SR-67. Caltrans is working closely with the San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG) on development of a Comprehensive Multimodal Corridor Plan (CMCP) for the SR-67 Corridor, viewing it through the lens of the entire region.
- Carrol Canyon Support Wall and Road Repair Project
- Harbor Drive 2.0/Vesta Bridge Port Access Improvements
- I-15 Pavement Replacement
- I-5/SR 56 Interchange Project
- I-8 Pavement and Bridge Rehabilitation Improvement Project from El Cajon Blvd to Marshall Ave
- I-8 Pavement Replacement and Road Improvements Project
- I-8 Surface Pavement and Seismic Bearing Replacement Improvement Project on the Colorado River Viaduct Bridge
- I-805 South Pavement Rehabilitation and Asset Management Project
- Imperial Valley Pavement and Bridge Rehabilitation Improvements
- San Diego – Coronado Bay Bridge Suicide Deterrent Project
- Routine Maintenance for Four Maintenance Stations with Fuel Tank Upgrades Project
- SR-11 / Otay Mesa East Port of Entry
- SR-111 Niland Geyser Mitigation Project
- State Route 67 Corridor
- SR-78 Ramona Parking Project
- SR-125 Pavement Rehabilitation Project
- SR-94/125 Interchange Project
- State Route 78 Culvert & Road Rehabilitation Project