State Route 125 Pavement Rehabilitation Project
Better Pavement, Smooth Ride
The State Route 125 (SR-125) Pavement Rehabilitation Project will restore ride quality and extend the life of pavement on a nearly 10-mile section of SR-125 from the SR-125/State Route 94 (SR-94) separation in Lemon Grove to Mission Gorge Road in Santee. Pavement rehabilitation will also take place on the SR-94/SR-125 connectors and ramps near Spring Street, Panorama Drive, Broadway, and Campo Road.
The pavement within the project limits is exhibiting various types of distress. The project will replace failed concrete slabs, replace deteriorating pavement, and update Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) ramps. Other work includes upgrading guardrail on some bridge structures, sealing bridge joints, and repairing concrete spalling as needed.
SR-125 provides SR-94, State Route 54, State Route 52, and State Route 905 with north-south access from the South Bay area to the City of Santee. It provides a vital north-south connection that can serve as a transportation alternative in the southern and central San Diego regions and provides congestion relief on Interstate 5, Interstate 15, and Interstate 805.
The estimated total project cost is $32 million funded through the Federal Highway Trust Fund and State Highway Fund.
Construction began in October 2022 with completion expected in fall 2024.
The project team will suspend most operations November 1, 2022, through May 31, 2023, when low temperatures interfere with concrete and paving curing.
- Repair failed concrete slabs and deteriorating pavement;
- Improve ride quality;
- Restore the roadway to a state of good repair;
- Extend the life of the existing pavement, and
- Install a fiber optic line as part of the state’s broadband network.
- I-15 Express Lanes
- I-15 Pavement Replacement
- I-5/SR 56 Interchange Project
- I-8 Pavement and Bridge Rehabilitation Improvement Project from El Cajon Blvd to Marshall Ave
- I-8 Pavement Replacement and Road Improvements Project
- I-8 Update (Imperial County)
- Interstate 8 / Imperial Avenue Interchange
- San Diego – Coronado Bay Bridge Suicide Deterrent Project
- SR-11 / Otay Mesa East Port of Entry
- SR-111 Niland Geyser Mitigation Project
- SR-163/Friars Road Interchange Project
- State Route 67 Corridor
- SR-78 Corridor Upgrades
- SR-78 Ramona Parking Project
- SR-125 Pavement Rehabilitation Project
- SR-94/125 Interchange Project
- Routine Maintenance for Four Maintenance Stations with Fuel Tank Upgrades Project
4050 Taylor Street
San Diego, CA 92110
Ph: (619) 688-6670