State Route 11 / Otay Mesa East Port of Entry
The State Route 11 (SR 11)/Otay Mesa East Port of Entry Project (OME POE) is a joint venture between the San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG) and Caltrans, in collaboration with state and federal partners in the U.S. and Mexico, to create a 21st century border crossing for the San Diego-Baja California region that will enhance regional mobility and fuel economic growth and binational trade.
The new port of entry will be clean, green, and smart. Reducing vehicle wait times and building in smart technologies will help reduce emissions and improve air quality in the border region.
Project Purpose and Need
As the U.S.-Mexico border region grows, there is a need to improve the commercial movement of goods, services, and passengers through an efficient, integrated system to bolster the local, state, federal, and international economies.
In 2018, the Otay Mesa and Tecate ports of entry processed a combined $47.5 billion in total bilateral trade, and that number is expected to grow over the coming years. The SR 11/OME POE project will facilitate job growth and new economic opportunities for private sectors on both sides of the border.
Construction is currently underway on the final segment of SR 11, the future toll road, and the SR 125/SR 11/SR 905 southbound connector ramps which are part of the overall SR 11/OME POE project.
For additional project information, please visit keepsandiegomoving.com/SR-11-Corridor
- 2020 Major Construction Map – Imperial County
- 2020 Major Construction Map – San Diego
- I-15 Express Lanes
- Interstate 8 / Imperial Avenue Interchange
- I-8 Update (Imperial County)
- San Diego – Coronado Bay Bridge Suicide Deterrent Project
- SR-11 / Otay Mesa East Port of Entry
- SR-111 Niland Geyser Mitigation Project
- SR-163/Friars Road Interchange Project
- State Route 67 Corridor
- SR-78 Corridor Upgrades
- SR-78 Ramona Parking Project
- Routine Maintenance for Four Maintenance Stations with Fuel Tank Upgrades Project
- SR-94/125 Interchange Project