I-805 South Pavement Rehabilitation and Asset Management Project
Final Environmental Document
The proposed I-805 South Pavement Rehabilitation and Asset Management Project is located on Interstate 805 in the cities of San Diego, Chula Vista, and National City in San Diego County. The proposed project limits are on I-805 from Post Mile 0.1 (0.3 miles south of I-805/I-5 separation) to PM 14.6 (I-805/I-15 separation).
The project proposes to rehabilitate pavement along the project corridor, which would consist of pavement grinding, full lane replacement, individual slab replacements, ramp rehabilitation, and shoulder rehabilitation. This project also proposes rehabilitating other assets, including repairing and installing approach slabs, rehabilitating existing culvert systems, replacing roadside signs, and overhead signs, upgrading midwest guardrail systems, planting work, paving beyond the gore areas, paving narrow areas, slope paving, installing mast arm ramp meters, upgrading and installing various ITS elements, upgrading existing non-standard curb ramps, constructing three auxiliary lanes, constructing a bike trail, and installing Class II, III, and IV bike lanes, and shared lanes at various interchanges.
Any person who wishes to comment on Caltrans’s intent to adopt the MND must submit written comments no later than March 8th, 2023.
Written comments may be sent to Matthew Voss, Senior Environmental Planner, Caltrans District 11, 4050 Taylor Street, MS 242, MV, San Diego, CA 92110. Comments may also be sent by email to Matthew.Voss@dot.ca.gov.
An online comment form is also available at the following link: https://caltransd11env.wixsite.com/805south.
- Carrol Canyon Support Wall and Road Repair Project
- Harbor Drive 2.0/Vesta Bridge Port Access Improvements
- I-15 Pavement Replacement
- I-5/SR 56 Interchange Project
- I-8 Pavement and Bridge Rehabilitation Improvement Project from El Cajon Blvd to Marshall Ave
- I-8 Pavement Replacement and Road Improvements Project
- I-8 Surface Pavement and Seismic Bearing Replacement Improvement Project on the Colorado River Viaduct Bridge
- I-805 South Pavement Rehabilitation and Asset Management Project
- Imperial Valley Pavement and Bridge Rehabilitation Improvements
- San Diego – Coronado Bay Bridge Suicide Deterrent Project
- Routine Maintenance for Four Maintenance Stations with Fuel Tank Upgrades Project
- SR-11 / Otay Mesa East Port of Entry
- SR-111 Niland Geyser Mitigation Project
- State Route 67 Corridor
- SR-78 Ramona Parking Project
- SR-125 Pavement Rehabilitation Project
- SR-94/125 Interchange Project
- State Route 78 Culvert & Road Rehabilitation Project