Training On Demand
Division of Environmental Analysis (DEA) LINKS
- DEA Home
- SER Home
- Environmental Documents
- Contracts for Environmental Services
- About Us
- Frequently Asked Questions
Last Updated: Tuesday, October 8, 2013 8:20 AM
Training on demand
Links to on-line training on a variety of environmental topics can be found here. The modules may require that you have the most current version of Adobe Flash Player loaded on your computer. If you do not have time to listen to an entire training at one sitting, the program will allow you to stop and re-start the training at a later sitting as long as you do not delete "cookies" on your internet browser. Please check this page frequently as we will post additional trainings as they become available.
Caltrans employees: In order to receive credit for these courses, you must complete the following steps:
- Fill in your name and the date on the “Certificate of Completion” and submit the certificate to your Supervisor/Manager to demonstrate completion of the training.
- Sign-up for the applicable training in LMS to receive credit (see the LMS course codes below).
- Upon receipt of this certificate, please approve your employee’s pending request in LMS.
Click on the links to view and hear interactive presentations on various topics.
- Section 4(f), The “How Come” and the “How To” (LMS Course No. 101360)
- The Importance of the Administrative Record (LMS Course No. 101173)
- The NEPA/404 Memorandum of Understanding (LMS Course No. 101176)
- The National Highway Institute: Introduction to NEPA and the transportation decision making process. (LMS Course No. 100350). The content of this class does not reflect the Department's policies and procedures under NEPA Assignment. For information regarding how the Department complies with NEPA under NEPA Assignment, see Volume 1, Chapter 38 of the Standard Environmental Reference.
- The 23 USC 139 (Formerly Section 6002) Efficient Environmental Review Process (LMS Course No. 101588)
General Project Development
- Introductory Course on Purpose and Need (LMS Course No. 101174)
For more information please e-mail