- Yahoo! Maps
- San Luis Obispo Chamber of Commerce Visitor Information includes a Listing of Hotels & Motels
Questions, comments, or suggestions pertaining to construction activities or travel throughout District 5 can be directed to the Public Information Officer.
We would like to hear from you about the District 5 website. Your comments and suggestions are important to us. Just fill out this form.
District 5 Employees Scholarship Program
The employees of Caltrans District 5 and the California Transportation Foundation (CTF) are offering a $750 Scholarship to a high school senior!
The money is raised by Caltrans employees through coffee and baked goods sales at the District 5 Offices. These scholarships are intended to recognize and assist students who are planning to pursue a transportation related career.
The applications are open to students graduating from a High School within District 5, which includes the counties of Santa Cruz, San Benito, Monterey, San Luis Obispo, and Santa Barbara. The candidates must also intend to enroll in a Community College, College or University, or Trade School in California. Caltrans hires in many areas that do not necessarily require a 4-year degree, but require courses from a Community College or Trade School. We definitely encourage all students, in all academic ranges, who plan to pursue a transportation related career to apply. The field of transportation is broad and includes careers that Caltrans could potentially employ such as Engineers, Project Managers, Transportation Planners, Environmental Planners, Archeologists, Land Surveyors, Mechanics, Electricians, Landscape Architects, Cultural Resources, Biologists, Computer Science, Office Technologies, and many more.
Required Application Materials:
- A completed District 5/CTF Scholarship Application
- A one-page summary explaining why you think you would be the best choice for the scholarship and why you would like to pursue a career in transportation.
- A copy of your High School Transcripts.
- Name and phone number of a personal reference from a teacher, counselor, administrator, etc. at your High School.
- List of Honors/Awards/Recognition.
- At least one letter of recommendation
Applications due: April 24, 2017
Caltrans District 5 Scholarship
50 Higuera Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
The Caltrans District 5 Scholarship Selection Committee will review the applications. After careful review, the winner and the scholarship coordinator at the High Schools will be notified.
The scholarship will be awarded in June 2017.
Incomplete, illegible or late applications will not be accepted.