- Business and Economic Opportunity
- Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE)
Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE)
- A veteran of the U.S. military, naval, or air service;
- The veteran must have a service-connected disability of at least 10% or more; and
- The veteran must reside in California.
Benefits of Becoming Certified
Upon Meeting Eligibility requirements, certified DVBEs are entitled to the following:
- State-certified DVBEs are eligible for the state's DVBE Participation Program. The program sets the goal to use DVBEs in at least three percent of the state's overall annual contract dollars.
- State agencies may use a streamlined process known as the "SB/DVBE Option" by contracting directly with a California certified DVBE business for goods, services, information technology and public works projects. The solicitation must be valued at more than $5,000, and the State agency must obtain price quotes from at least two California certified DVBE businesses. For more information, see Government Code Sections 14838.5 and 14838.7.
Other DVBE Resources