State Route 70 Corridor Improvements – Segment 1
- Widen the existing 2-lane highway to five lanes.
- Create a continuous two-way left turn.
- Widen the shoulders to 8 feet.
- Upgrade drainage systems.
- Modify the traffic signal at Ophir Road.
- Improve the intersection at SR 70 and Palermo Road.
This project will improve safety along State Route 70 corridor by providing continuous passing opportunities for vehicles from Ophir Road to Palermo Road. The corridor has experienced higher than average collision rates with the majority of accidents attributed to the lack of passing lanes. The additional lanes will increase highway capacity to meet future economic development, including population growth, in Butte County.
Estimated Total Project Cost - $48.6 million in State and Local funds
Environmental Document Completed - October 2018
Design Completed - December 2018
Begin Construction - Spring 2019
Expected Completion - 2021
Winder Bajwa, Project Manager
Phone: (530) 741-4432
Gilbert Mohtes-Chan, Public Information Officer
Phone: (530) 741-4571
MapSR 70 Corridor Map (PDF)
No documents available.
News / Events
No news available.
Video / Photos
No additional photos or videos available.