Placer Interstate 80-State Highway 65 Interchange Improvement Project
This project will focus on alleviating traffic congestion on the interchange between Interstate 80 and State Highway 65 in Placer County through the following improvements:
- Construct a third lane on northbound Highway 65 will be added from I-80 to Pleasant Grove Boulevard.
- Widen and modify the northbound and southbound ramps at the Highway 65/ Galleria Boulevard/Stanford Ranch Interchange by adding protected left turn pockets and signalizing the northbound off-ramp.
- Install ramp meters at the Highway 65/ Galleria Boulevard/Stanford Ranch Interchange. at the Highway 65/ Galleria Boulevard/Stanford Ranch Interchange.
More information about the project can be found at the Placer County Transportation Planning Agency (PCTPA) website.
Vehicles will back up on Interstate 80 where the westbound I-80 connector ramp converges with northbound State Highway 65. Recurring traffic demand exceeds the current design capacity of the Galleria Boulevard/Stanford Ranch Road/Highway 65 northbound ramps and adjacent transportation facilities, creating traffic operations, and safety issues. These issues result in high delays and wasted fuel, both of which will be exacerbated by traffic from future population and employment growth. This project will improve safety and ease congestion.
Estimated Total Project Cost: $50 million
For additional information on funding, please visit the Interstate 80 / Highway 65 Interchange Improvements web page.
Begin Construction: Spring 2018
Complete Construction: 2020
Placer County Transportation Planning Agency
Rodney Murphy, Project Manager
Phone: (530) 741-5127
Gilbert Mohtes-Chan, Public Information Officer
Phone: (530) 741-4571
MapI80-SR65 Improvement Map (PDF)
No additional documents available.
News / Events
- Demolition Work Delayed Until Sunday Night on Highway 65 Viaduct
- Placer I-80/Highway 65 Interchange Work to Close Roseville Trail
- Work Begins on Major Interchange Improvements in Placer County
Video / Photos
No additional photos or videos available.