Enter Highway Number(s)
You can also call 1-800-427-7623 for current highway conditions.
ADA Access Service Request
Caltrans Vehicle Misuse and/or Caltrans Driver Issues
Public Records Act (PRA) Requests
Traffic or Work Zone Concerns
Audits and Investigations
Business & Economic Opportunity
Procurement and Contracts
Research Innovation and System Information
Right of Way and Land Surveys
Caltrans Goal - Stewardship and Efficiency - Performance Target: approve or deny 95 percent of the accepted encroachment permit application packages within 30 calendar days.
As part of the Caltrans' continuous effort to improve its services, a multi-disciplinary team studied the current encroachment permit process and recommended the changes below to achieve the performance target.
Therefore, effective May 1, 2019, Caltrans will be following the new recommended process of accepting only complete encroachment permit application packages. Each package will be screened for completeness using the following checklist:
1. Pre-Screen: Some types of encroachment permit application packages, as determined by the District Office of Encroachment Permits to have a mandated pre-submittal conference before acceptance.
2. Screen: Accept or return the encroachment permit application package within 2 business days.
3. Review: Provide applicant a list of required additional information or document(s) within 10 calendar days.
4. Response: Deny the encroachment permit application package if applicant does not provide requested informaiton or document(s) within 10 calendar days.
5. General: Approve or deny accepted encroachment permit application packages within 30 calendar days.
Your support and cooperation in this process is needed and appreciated.