Applications and Forms

These are the applications and forms used for Encroachment Permit work by the general public. For all internal forms please use the "Caltrans Electronic Forms System (CEFS)"

Applicants or their authorized representatives shall sign and submit an encroachment request on a current Caltrans' form with appropriate fees. In critical cases, the District Permits Office may accept a signed facsimile application from an exempt or normally billed applicant. The originally signed facsimile application must be followed by a mailed application. When Caltrans requests an encroachment relocation, the District Division Chief of the Right of Way Branch may initiate the application without a fee by sending a copy of the Caltrans' "Notice to Owner" form to the District Permits Office.

Other documents may be required in addition to the permit application, such as: surety bonds, liability insurance, environmental documentation, plans, location map, etc.

Applications / Instructions: (Please use Internet Explorer and Acrobat Reader 8.2 or higher.
Click here if you are still experiencing issues accessing a form.

Related Encroachment Permit Forms (for internal forms, please use CEFS):

Caltrans Logo