Related Internal Links
- Developed and or Deployed Products or Services
- DRI Deployment Projects
- Deployment Sections
- Deployment Support Business Plan
- Research Proposal Evaluations for Deployment Criteria
- Deployment Analysis of FY 05/06 Proposals
- Process of Deployment Analysis
- Caltrans Five Stages of Research
- March 2004 Deployment Workshop Projects
- Short-Term Transition Process
- Contact Us
Related External Links
Division of Research and Innovation
Short-Term Transition Process
There are research projects that are in the latter portion of Deployment Stage 3 or later. These projects need to be developed using a different process than the newly developing research process. Although these projects are assumed to be a Stage 3 or higher they may not have fulfilled all criteria in the earlier stages. The following process helps ensure that these products will be developed for deployment in a shortened period of time.
- A transition team will be assembled consisting of representatives from the Division of Research and Innovation, the sponsor division and the champion division or district.
- Team’s role is to identify and address all items needing to be performed prior to full deployment of a specific product.
- Team develops a detailed Deployment Action Plan signed by their division chiefs, which outlines actions, responsibilities and funding to achieve deployment of the specific product.
Transition Team Responsibilities
- Team’s role is to identify and address all tasks needing to be performed prior to full deployment of a specific product.
- Team develops and revises the Deployment Action Plan during the deployment process.
Division of Research and Innovation Responsibilities
- Division of Research and Innovation’s Division Chief identifies a representative to the Transition Team. This individual is responsible to present the past history of the product from conception to present day.
- This presentation will address the reasons why the product was developed in the beginning, what activities have been performed to date, what data has been developed, and what current contracts are in force.
- The division chief of the sponsor division(s) identifies a representative to the Transition Team. This individual is responsible for identifying process, procedures, approvals, and requirements needed to mainstream this product within their division.
- The representative will track the progress within their division and recommend to the transition team any barriers identified.
- The division chief or district director of the champion division(s) or district will identify a representative to the Transition Team.
- The representative is responsible for identifying selected locations, projects, and personnel needed to review, approve, operate, or maintain the product.
- The representative will coordinate all activities for deployment within their division or district.