Caltrans Honors its Women on International Women's Day
Contact: Erin Gallup von Tersch
Phone: (916) 654-5485
Contact: Tamie McGowen
SACRAMENTO — Today, on International Women's Day, Caltrans honors its women at all levels who work hard every day to keep California moving.
"A long line of distinguished women in Caltrans have helped advance California's transportation system, many of whom have been recognized by other organizations for their leadership and contributions."
A third of Caltrans' executive management are women, including three district directors, six deputy directors, three assistant deputy directors, 8 division chiefs, 15 deputy district directors and the chief of staff. Caltrans women leaders include the Department's first female Chief Legal Counsel and first female Chief Engineer.
Other women who have served as former Caltrans executives have continued to advance their careers in private industry or at other departments, such as the California Transportation Commission, where former Caltrans Deputy Director of Audits and Investigations Susan Bransen is currently serving as Executive Director.
Current female Caltrans executive leaders include:
- Chief Financial Officer Norma Ortega
- Administration Deputy Director Cristiana Rojas
- Planning and Modal Programs Deputy Director Coco Briseno
- Sustainability Deputy Director Ellen Greenberg
- Chief of Staff Dara Wheeler
- Acting Chief of Staff Velessata Kelley
- Chief Engineer Karla Sutliff
- Chief Legal Counsel Jeanne Scherer
- Public Affairs Assistant Deputy Director Tamie McGowen
- Legislative Affairs Assistant Deputy Director Melanie Perron
- Business and Economic Opportunity Assistant Director Janice Salais
- Fresno and Central Region District Director Sharri Bender Ehlert
- Los Angeles area District Director Carrie Bowen
- San Diego area District Director Laurie Berman
These women are helping Caltrans improve safety, mobility and the economy by meeting project delivery commitments, protecting the Department's legal interests, and advancing technology, innovation and sustainable business practices.
Statewide Alerts and Other Information
Public Affairs Links
General Information Line: (916) 654-2852
You can also call
California Department of Transportation
1120 N Street
Sacramento, CA 95814