Current Jobs - Vacancy Information
We list all Caltrans vacancies through the California Department of Human Resources http://www.calhr.ca.gov/ website using their California State Jobs search.
Please Note: The vacancies on CalHR's site are available to individuals who have:
- Successful completion of a competitive state civil service examination, or
- Current employment with the State of California in a class which is comparable under transfer rules. or
- Previous employment with the State of California in a class which is comparable under reinstatement rules.
To apply for a vacancy we encourage you to set up a CalCareer Account. The benefits of a CalCareer Account:
- Receive contact letters for job opportunities electronically
- Set up notifications for new job opportunities
- Upload and store your resume
- Easily view your eligibility status
- Save and submit multiple applications electronically
CalCareer question are answered by CalHR at 866-844-8671 or CalCareer@calhr.ca.gov
Search the CalHR database using a single word, or a combination of words, or search by department.
Statewide Alerts and Other Information
General Information Line: (916) 654-2852
You can also call
California Department of Transportation
1120 N Street
Sacramento, CA 95814