Caltrans Jobs and Testing Information
Why Choose Caltrans?
The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) manages a world class transportation system that connects the people and regions of our state. We play a significant role in making our economy the 8th largest in the world, bringing goods and services to California’s customers. Caltrans directly manages more than 50,000 lane miles of State and federal highways, as well as 12,000 highway bridges; permits more than 400 public-use airports; and operates three of the top five Amtrak intercity rail services.
Caltrans is always seeking qualified individuals to help with a wide variety of duties. Our goal is to promote a positive work environment and encourage innovation and creativity. We encourage you to look at our current job vacancies and find what best fits your skill set.
"I think there's no higher calling in terms of a career than public service, which is a chance to make a difference in people's lives and improve the world."
Employment Opportunities at Caltrans Include the Following Career Fields:
- Administrative Professionals
- Clerical and Office Support
- Contracting and Procurement
- Cooks (Seasonal)
- Drawbridge Operators
- Environmental Professionals
- Equipment Mechanics
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Land Surveyors
- Right of Way Agents
- Technical Support
- Toll Collectors
- Warehouse Workers
- Caltrans Job Vacancies on CalHR
- Caltrans Jobs FAQ by Category
- Transportation Engineer, Civil (TEC) Online Exam
- Current Post and Bid Vacancies
Post and Bid is a benefit for rank and file employees in bargaining units 4, 11, 12, and 13 which gives permanent full-time employees, who have completed their probationary period, the mandatory right to transfer to another position within their classification within the Department based on seniority.
- California State Civil Service Class Specifications on CalHR - Job Description, Payscale, Definition, Minimum Qualification, Knowledge and Abilities...
- CalHR's Limited Examination and Appointment Program (LEAP) for Persons with Disabilities
- Military Leave FAQ on CalHR
Statewide Alerts and Other Information
Caltrans Jobs Links
General Information Line: (916) 654-2852
You can also call
California Department of Transportation
1120 N Street
Sacramento, CA 95814