Modeling Related Links
We are providing these links to further your research capabilities. We are not responsible for the content on any of the websites we link to here. Furthermore, we do not endorse any technology that is sold on any of these websites.
Caltrans Data Sources
- WIM Data - Data Weigh-in-Motion
- DHIPP - Digital Highway Inventory Photography Program (DHIPP)
- HI COMP - System Management Planning Highway Congestion Monitoring Program (HICOMP)
- Traffic and Truck Volumes - Traffic and Vehicle Data Systems Unit
- PeMS - Freeway Performance Measurement System, PeMS. This project is conducted by the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences at the University of California, at Berkeley, with the cooperation of the California Department of Transportation, Partners for Advanced Transportation TecHnology (PATH) , and Berkeley Transportation Systems (BTS). The intent of this project is to collect historical and real-time freeway data from freeways in the State of California in order to compute freeway performance measures.
- TASAS - Traffic Accident Surveillance and Analysis System (TASAS)in the Traffic System Network (TSN)
- HOV Reports - High-Occupancy Vehicle Reports
- GIS Data
Other Data Sources
- Transportation Research Board (TRB) – Census Data for Transportation Planning - Organized under the Committee on Urban Transportation Data and Information Systems of the Transportation Research Board.
- The Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA) - RITA coordinates the U.S. Department of Transportation's (DOT) research programs and is charged with advancing the deployment of cross-cutting technologies to improve our Nation’s transportation system, as directed by Congress.
- Federal Highay Administration (FHWA) Census Transportation Planning Package (CTPP) CTPP - The CTPP is a set of special tabulations designed by transportation planners using large sample surveys conducted by the Census Bureau.
Interesting Consultant Websites
- Mineta Transportation Institute – Mineta Trans Institute - Mineta Transportation Institute is a national University Transportation Center and a Center of Excellence specializing in policy studies related to surface transportation. We also offer accredited graduate education programs through our affiliation with San Jose State University.
Fehr and Peers - Fehr & Peers specializes in providing transportation planning and traffic engineering services to public and private sector clients. We emphasize the development of creative, cost-effective, and results-oriented solutions to planning and design problems associated with all modes of transportation.
- Traffic Operations Software Downloads Highway Capacity Software, Syncro and Simulation Software, Paramics Information
- The Traffic Analysis Tools Program- The Traffic Analysis Tools Program was formulated by FHWA in an attempt to strike a balance between efforts to develop new, improved tools in support of traffic operations analysis and efforts to facilitate the deployment and use of existing tools.
- Paramics Website - Quadstone Paramics is a leading microscopic traffic and pedestrian simulation software used by planning professionals to design efficient, economical, driver and pedestrian friendly transportation infrastructure allowing operational assessment for current and future year traffic conditions, detailed reporting of key MOE’s and high definition presentations to non-technical stake holders.
- PTV Group, America - Traffic Mobility Logistics
- PTV Visum for transport analyses, traffic forecasts and GIS-based data management,
- PTV Vissim allows planners to model the routes and interactions of all road users (cars, buses, bicycles, pedestrians and trains),
- PTV Vistro for all your traffic analysis needs), and
- PTV Viswalk software tool designed for pedestrian simulation.
- Citilabs - Cube - Cube- One of the world’s most widely used and most complete suite of software products. Cube consists of eight modules that combine to form a complete travel forecasting and transportation GIS system
Updated April 17, 2013