- Quick Facts by County - From Our Data Analysis & Reporting Branch
- Caltrans Earth - From Our Data Services Branch
- Executive Fact Booklet
Caltrans Products, Data, and Accomplishments
Mark Samuelson, Acting Chief,
Office of Data Analysis and GIS
Department of Transportation
Division of DRISI, MS #38
Office of Data Analysis and Geospatial Information Systems
P.O. Box 942874
Sacramento, CA 94274-0001
FAX: (916) 654-9977
Office of Data Analysis and Geospatial Information Systems (ODAGIS)
The Office of Data Analysis and Geospatial Information Systems collects and analyzes report statistics related to the fiscal status and the physical and geometric extent of the State's roadway systems. Thus enabling decision makers and system users to take advantage of quality transportation information to make data based decisions about transportation services and infrastructure.
The office is also the focal point for all GIS activities in the Department including strategic planning, enterprise deployment, spatial data development, cartographic products, training needs, software purchases, and development of GIS applications.
What We Do:
- Work with federal, local, and State jurisdictions and agencies to report transportation related expenditures and income to help decision makers better understand California's fiscal picture;
- Manage the implementation and deployment of statewide Geospatial Information System (GIS) activities for the Department of Transportation;
- Enhance the capability for efficient and effective transportation decision making through the use of GIS technology; and
- Support external customers and internal partners such as Transportation Planning and other Divisions to ascertain valid data, organize, and effectively assemble data for more efficient and effective utilization.