- Oversize/Overweight Permits
- Contact Permits Staff
- Trip Permits (Vehicle Reg)
- Air Quality - Emissions Reg's
- Terminal Access Application Procedures
- Special Route Restrictions
- Getting to Eureka
- Load Overhang
A driver of a commercial vehicle operated in California must possess a valid commercial drivers license.
OUT-OF-STATE: For out-of-state carriers, that commercial license must be issued by the driver's state or country of domicile (Mexico, Canada or any U.S. jurisdiction).
IN-STATE: For California carriers, see the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) website "Commercial Driver License."
You may contact DMV by phone at 1-800-777-0133.
Return to the Caltrans "Legal Truck Access Branch" page.