- CFAC Homepage
- Assembly Bill 14
- Meeting Schedule
- Contact Us
- Office of Freight Planning
- National Freight Advisory Committee
- California Sustainable Freight Action Plan
- California Transportation Plan
- California Freight Mobility Plan
- California State Rail Plan
- Press Release - Business, Transportation & Housing
- CARB Air Quality & Planning
- CARB Vision for Clean Air
California Freight Advisory Committee (CFAC)
Caltrans, in collaboration with the California Transportation Agency (CalSTA), established the California Freight Advisory Committee (CFAC) in response to guidance provided in the federal transportation legislation, Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century (MAP-21). Consistent with MAP-21's guidance, the CFAC consists of "a representative cross-section of public and private sector freight stakeholders, including representatives of ports, shippers, carriers, freight-related associations, the freight industry workforce, the transportation department of the State, and local governments."
The CFAC meets quarterly, or as needed, to participate in the development of the California Freight Mobility Plan (CFMP), to serve as a forum for the discussion of freight-related topics, to help coordinate regional freight priorities with other organizations, and to advise the State on freight-related priorities, issues, projects, and funding needs.