- Office of Community Planning
- ATLCCommunity-Based Transportation Planning & Environmental Justice Grants
- Complete Streets
- Context Sensitive Solutions
- EJ and CBTP Tool Box
- Environmental Justice and Title VI Program
- Executive Order 12898 on Environmental Justice
- Local Development - Intergovernmental Review (LD-IGR)
- OCP HQ Staff Contact List
- Smart Mobility Framework
- Special Projects
- Title VI
- Transportation Equity Act for the 21st Century (TEA-21)
Caltrans’ Public Participation and Engagement Contract (PPEC) provides on-call consultant services to help Caltrans’ Headquarters and Districts bring projects to the people by giving communities a critical voice in early transportation planning decisions that affect them most.
Caltrans recently completed a $2.2 million contract with MIG, Inc., a nationally recognized leader in public involvement, with specialized services and skills in developing successful outreach programs for diverse audiences. Through dynamic public meetings, interactive land use exercises and other innovative methods, the people were involved at all stages.
An important contract goal is to translate complex planning and design issues into language and graphics that people can understand. These outreach efforts engaged all stakeholders, especially those that are traditionally underserved. This inclusive approach means that more people are aware of the projects that are happening in their communities and are more likely to stay actively invested in the process.
Over the years, Caltrans has successfully engaged the public on a wide range of projects that support community-based planning and context-sensitive solutions.
Caltrans is currently working on the third PPEC, so stay tuned!
For more information, contact:
1120 N Street, MS-32
PO Box 942874, MS-32