Economic Analysis Branch (EAB)
The Economic Analysis Branch (EAB) provides transportation decision makers with expert research, analysis and legislative information to ensure productive and efficient use of public resources. It also provides economic consulting services to other programs and district offices, as well as the Business, Transportation and Housing Agency, California Transportation Commission,and other Caltrans clientele.
Major activities of the Branch include:
- Policy Analysis and Research
- Life-Cycle Benefit/Cost Analysis
- Economic Impact Assessment
- Economic Research and Modeling
- Data Forecasting and Estimation
- Legislative Bill Analysis
- Transportation Funding in California
Barry Padilla is the economist for the Economic Analysis Branch.