- Amtrak California
- California Transportation Plan
- Caltrans Property for Sale
- Caltrans Local Development Review
- Legal Expert Witness Consultants
California Department of Transportation
Date: January 8, 2013
Contact: Deanna Shoopman
Phone: (530) 741-4572
$64 MILLION IN NEW TRANSPORTATION FUNDING APPROVED
MARYSVILLE - Continuing the push to rebuild California’s infrastructure, the California Transportation Commission (CTC) today allocated $64 million to 43 projects that will reduce traffic congestion and repair highways, local streets, and bridges.
"We are putting transportation dollars to work supporting jobs and making improvements that will benefit Californians now and for decades to come," said Caltrans Director Malcolm Dougherty.
The allocations include $42 million from Proposition 1B, a transportation bond approved by voters in 2006. In total, approximately $14.7 billion in Proposition 1B funds have been distributed statewide.
The remaining allocations ($22 million) came from assorted transportation accounts funded by state and federal dollars.
Among the projects that received funding today were:
- $1 million was allocated for a local Proposition 1B project to construct an overpass, on and off ramps, signalized intersection, bicycle and pedestrian facilities interchange at Silva Valley Parkway / US 50 Interchange in El Dorado County.
- $1.19 million was allocated to the State Highway Operation and Protection Program (SHOPP) to rehabilitate three bridges in and near Sacramento, at the North Avenue Overcrossing and at the Separation Bridge: By patching deck spalls, sealing hinge cracks, replacing joint seals and applying polyester concrete overlays on desks to extend the useful life of the bridges.
- $700,000 was awarded to the City of Roseville and Sacramento Area Council of Governments (SACOG) for Louis / Orlando Transfer Point Improvements. Right of way acquisition of additional property adjacent to the existing bus transfer station
Please see the attached file for information about all projects that received allocations today.
# # # #