- Amtrak California
- California Transportation Plan
- Caltrans Property for Sale
- Caltrans Local Development Review
- Legal Expert Witness Consultants
California Department of Transportation
Date: August 23, 2012
District: 2 - Redding
Contact: Lori Mathiesen
Phone: (530) 229 - 0511
$745 MILLION IN NEW TRANSPORTATION FUNDING WILL DRIVE ECONOMIC
GROWTH AND UPGRADE STATE’S TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM
REDDING - The California Transportation Commission today allocated $745 million in new funding to 118 transportation projects that will provide congestion relief for motorists statewide and bolster the state’s economy.
“We’re providing much-needed jobs and putting people to work building better roads, bridges, rail, and transit for California,” said Caltrans Director Malcolm Dougherty. The allocations include nearly $82 million from Proposition 1B, a transportation bond approved by voters in 2006. In total, nearly $14 billion in Proposition 1B funds have been distributed statewide.
The remaining $663 million in allocations today came from assorted transportation accounts funded by state and federal dollars.
Highlights of the funding allocations include:
- $253,000 allocated for a project in Siskiyou County on State Route 89 in McCloud at Broadway Avenue, to install flashing beacons, paved pedestrian crosswalks, improving safety for vehicles, and pedestrians.
- $938,000 allocated for a project in Siskiyou County on State Route 96 near Happy Camp to stabilize the slope and remove slide material and debris damaged by heavy rainfall.
- $568,000 allocated for a project in Siskiyou County on State Route 3 near Yreka at Juniper Drive to construct left turn lanes.
- $568,000 allocated for a project in Siskiyou County on State Route 97 to install a two-way left turn lane, pavement overlay and improve drainage from south of Maple Avenue to north of First Avenue near Weed.
- $970,000 allocated in Trinity County, in Hayfork on State Route 3 to extend the existing sidewalk, curb and gutter and add bike lanes.
Please see the attached file for more information about all projects that received
# # # #