- Amtrak California
- California Transportation Plan
- Caltrans Property for Sale
- Caltrans Local Development Review
- Legal Expert Witness Consultants
California Department of Transportation
Date: June 28, 2012
District: 10 - Stockton
Contact: Ken Paglia
Phone: (209) 948-7977
NEARLY $1 BILLION IN FUNDING ALLOCATED
TO IMPROVE TRANSPORTATION AND STATE’S ECONOMIC GROWTH
STOCKTON - Continuing the drive to rebuild California’s infrastructure and spur job growth, the California Transportation Commission has allocated nearly $1 billion to 135 transportation projects statewide.
Approximately $600 million in funding was provided by Proposition 1B, a transportation bond approved by voters in 2006. The remaining allocations came from assorted state and federal transportation accounts. In total, about $13.8 billion in Proposition 1B funds have been distributed statewide.
“Proposition 1B continues to fund key transportation projects, which translates into a strengthened economy,” said Caltrans Director Malcolm Dougherty. “Investing in our infrastructure will improve mobility and create a better future for Californians.”
Some of the notable local projects that received funding include:
- San Joaquin County: $123,700,000 – Widen State Route 99 from four to six lanes, and improve and reconstruct various interchanges, from just north of Arch Road to just south of State Route 4 near Stockton.
- Stanislaus County: $37,100,000 – Reconstruct the interchange and construct auxiliary lanes at State Route 99/ State Route 219 (Kiernan Avenue).
- San Joaquin County: $30,994,000 – Reconstruct the interchange on State Route 99 from just south of Cottage Avenue to just north of Arch Road.
- Merced County: $1,406,000 – Construct double thrie beam median barrier from San Luis Dam Service Road to San Luis Forebay Bridge near Los Banos.
- Merced County: $11,882,000 – Realign and widen a portion of State Route 99 to six lanes and construct a new interchange to replace the Buhac Road Interchange.
Please see the attached file for more information about all the projects that received allocations.
# # # #