- Amtrak California
- California Transportation Plan
- Caltrans Property for Sale
- Caltrans Local Development Review
- Legal Expert Witness Consultants
California Department of Transportation
Date: April 27, 2012
Contact: : Jose Camarena
DISTRICT 6 MORE THAN $900 MILLION IN FUNDING ALLOCATED TO DRIVE STATE'S ECONOMIC GROWTH AND IMPROVE TRANSPORTATION
FRESNO - Continuing the push to rebuild California’s infrastructure and spur job growth, the California Transportation Commission (CTC) has allocated more than $900 million to 61 transportation projects statewide.
“Proposition 1B continues to provide the vital funding we need for transportation projects that relieve traffic congestion and improve the quality of life for all Californians,” said Acting Caltrans Director Malcolm Dougherty. “Investing in our infrastructure is strengthening our economy at a time when we need it the most.”
Approximately $800 million in funding was provided by Proposition 1B, a transportation bond approved by voters in 2006. The remaining allocations came from assorted state and federal transportation accounts. In total, about $12 billion in Proposition 1B funds have been distributed statewide.
Some of the notable local projects that received funding include:
An allocation of $58,100,000 to Caltrans and the Council of Fresno County Governments (COFCG) for the Island Park 6-Lane project on State Route 99 in and near the city of Fresno, from Ashlan Avenue to 0.6 mile north of Avenue 7 to widen the existing 4-lane freeway to 6-lane freeway.
- An allocation of $21,226,000 to Caltrans and the Kings County Association of Governments (KCAG) for the construction of a new interchange on State Route 198 at 19th Avenue.
- An allocation of $316,000 to the Kern Council of Governments (KCOG) and the City of Tehachapi to install streetlights, enhance crosswalks, upgrade sidewalks, and retrofit curb ramps.on Tehachapi Boulevard from Hayes Street to Robinson Street.
Please see the attached file for more information about all projects that have received allocations.
# # # #