- Amtrak California
- California Transportation Plan
- Caltrans Property for Sale
- Caltrans Local Development Review
- Legal Expert Witness Consultants
California Department of Transportation
Date: April 27, 2012
District: 1 - Eureka
Contact: : Scott Burger
Phone: (707) 441-3998
DISTRICT 1 MORE THAN $900 MILLION IN FUNDING ALLOCATED TO DRIVE STATE'S ECONOMIC GROWTH AND IMPROVE TRANSPORTATION
EUREKA - Continuing the push to rebuild California’s infrastructure and spur job growth, the California Transportation Commission (CTC) has allocated more than $900 million to 61 transportation projects statewide.
“Proposition 1B continues to provide the vital funding we need for transportation projects that relieve traffic congestion and improve the quality of life for all Californians,” said Acting Caltrans Director Malcolm Dougherty. “Investing in our infrastructure is strengthening our economy at a time when we need it the most.”
Approximately $800 million in funding was provided by Proposition 1B, a transportation bond approved by voters in 2006. The remaining allocations came from assorted state and federal transportation accounts. In total, about $12 billion in Proposition 1B funds have been distributed statewide.
Some of the notable local projects that received funding include:
- Humboldt County - $5.1 million for slide repairs and drainage upgrades at two locations on Route 299 near Blue Lake at 1.8 miles east of Buckley Road and just west of Old Three Creeks Road.
Please see the attached file for more information about all projects that have received allocations.
# # # #