California Department of Transportation


Q How can I recover the money or property I lost because of Caltrans?

If you feel that you have lost money or property as a result of any action or inaction by a State of California agency, officer, or employee, you can file a claim with the State Board of Control, Government Claims Program. This program gives you the opportunity to formally demand compensation for your loss, and may lead to a settlement of your claim without the need to file a lawsuit. For more information about the Government Claims Program or to request a claim form, write to: California Board of Control, Government Claims Division, P.O. Box 3035, Sacramento, California 95812-3035. You may also call the Government Claims Program toll-free at 1-800-955-0045.