- AB 1012 Implementation
- CADD Resource Files
- Construction Manager/ General Contractor (CMGC)
- Cooperative Agreements
- Cost Estimating
- District Liaisons
- Innovative Contracting
- Manuals & Guidance
- Metric to English Transition/ Program
- Project Acceleration
- Quality Management
- Resolutions of Necessity
- Resource Conservation
- Storm Water
- Value Analysis
Project Development Workflow Tasks (PDWT)
Part 3 - Identify Project Need and Project Initiation Document
II. Project Initiation Document
C. Draft Agreements (WBS 205.) - Obtain Maintenance Agreement (WBS 205.30)
Maintenance Agreements (MA’s) address any of the following situations:
- The maintenance of State highway facilities that are in areas within the jurisdiction of a local agency
- Local agencies conducting maintenance activities within State right of way
- Sharing utility costs of traffic operational equipment.
The need for a new or amended MA is typically triggered during the PID for a project adding new structures or significantly altering existing ones such as soundwalls, traffic signals, lighting, or landscaping of interchanges. Incorporation of a new city or the annexation of a new area by a city may also prompt the need for a new or amended MA.
Examples of when a Maintenance Agreement is used:
- New Routes.
- Soundwalls abutting or within local City/County right of way.
- Structures for City/County road crossings.
- Interchanges with landscaping within City/County right of way.
- New traffic signals and lighting serving the State highway and local City/County road.
- Retrofitting signals with LED modules
- Park & Ride
- Roadside Rest Areas
If it is determined that a MA is likely necessary, the project engineer should contact the District Maintenance Agreement Coordinator. Depending on the District, the MA Coordinator may prepare a preliminary MA or may direct the project engineer to prepare the preliminary MA using standardized formats.
There are four types of Maintenance Agreements:
- Freeway Maintenance Agreement (FMA)
- Electrical Maintenance Agreement and Light Emitting Diode (LED) Amendment
- Delegated Maintenance Agreement
- Work for Others Agreement.
If you have any questions about the Project Development Procedures Manual send e-mail to:email@example.com
This page last updated November 20, 2010